Campus Ministry is a critical component of the Catholic mission at Lumen Christi. In recent years, Campus Ministry has evolved into a comprehensive pastoral program that includes retreats, spiritual formation in liturgical season (e.g. Advent, Lent), local and international service outreach, masses, penance services, and environmental stewardship.
7th and 8th Grade Retreat
The Lumen Christi Angling Club provides students with an alternative activity other than traditional clubs, sports, and activities, etc. The mission of the Lumen Christi Anglers is to provide an opportunity for students to fish, to teach others how to fish, and to be environmentally aware in a responsible, ethical, and Christian manner. In following the mission, students will learn patience, perseverance, appreciation for nature and the environment, and how to use time in a meaningful way. The Angling Club meets every other Wednesday. In the past, we have fished on Lake Columbia, Clark Lake, Peterson Lake, and Vandercook Lake. We will continue our efforts in environmental clean-up, fishing trips, casting competition and species presentations.
7th and 8th Grade Advent and Lenten Retreat Days
9th thru 12th Grade L.C. School Retreat
10th Grade Tenui Retreat
11th and 12th Grade Kairos
Service for Jesus
“There is no service too small in the service of the Lord”
Jamaica Bound Missionaries
For over ten years, Lumen Christi students have been traveling to Jamaica to live and work with the local community. The encounter of a culture that is entrenched in poverty and hardships, yet deeply steeped in an optimistic joyful outlook on life, is extremely powerful. Some students have returned year-after-year to Jamaica and others have kept in touch with different people they have met on the journey.
Interfaith Shelter Project
ThanksLIVING - All Students and Staff Give Back to the Community
Our Core Values
- The Holy Spirit inspires all that we do through our Catholic Tradition and the Word of God.
- We seek to discover His Will for our lives.
- We are called by our Baptism to be the Light of Christ to all.
- We inspire academic achievement by challenging students of all abilities.
- We nurture critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- We excel in academics, arts, and athletics.
- We celebrate integrity, accountability, and trustworthy behavior.
- We cultivate leaders who serve family, church, and community.
- We do what is right, not what is easy.
Be Warm and Welcoming
- We embrace the diversity of others and their beliefs.
- We welcome all who seek to be part of the community.
- We lift up those in need.
- We communicate honestly, openly, and consistently.
- We collaborate in the classroom and in all activities.
- We honor and build upon our Lumen Christi traditions.
- We are united with our Church, schools, and parish communities.