Tuition Reduction Incentive Program T.R.I.P is based on the idea of using scrip to pay for everyday purchases. Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. Scrip is issued in the form of certificates that can be used just like cash to purchase everyday needs like food, clothing, gas and other essentials. You don’t have to buy anything extra, or spend a penny more, and you make your purchases whenever you choose.
How it works
- Scrip orders are placed every Wednesday at 10:30a.m.* Orders may be sent to the school with Queen’s students, brought to the office, or turned in during T.R.I.P. hours, which are 8:30 – 10:30 on Wednesdays.
- Queen’s purchases the ordered amounts of scrip from participating businesses at a discount.
- Participating families may pick up their orders from the school anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. SCRIP MAY BE PICKED UP BY ADULTS ONLY. IT WILL NOT BE SENT HOME WITH STUDENTS.
- The amount of the discount (less 1% for operating expenses) is applied as a credit toward the participating family’s tuition.
- The amount of tuition credit will be noted on the outside label of your T.R.I.P. envelope each time you pick up an order. *A limited amount of grocery store, restaurant and gas scrip is available for immediate purchase on a first come, first serve basis. “On-Hand” hours are 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. only (Wednesday). “On-Hand” scrip must be purchased in person during the above hours.
How To Get Started
Anyone may enroll in the T.R.I.P. program. Orders from friends and relatives are encouraged. Those without students at Queen’s may participate, and their credits will be applied to the tuition of a family of their choice or as a general donation to the school. To get started, just pick up a form at the school office, fill it out, and return it to the office.
Discount percentages are established by participating merchants and are subject to change at any time, therefore scrip orders are subject to the discount percentage in effect at the time of ordering by the T.R.I.P. Office.
Tuition accounts are credited at the end of each quarter and at the time all tuition is to be paid in full. This is usually the first Wednesday in March. T.R.I.P. credit is to be used for Queen’s School tuition only, no cash refunds will be given for any reason.
Scrip (Certificate) Orders
Scrip orders and payment may be sent to school with your child, or brought to school. Orders must be received by 10:30 a.m. each Wednesday. In the event that school is canceled due to weather, T.R.I.P. orders will be available the next day school is in session. No orders will be placed that week. Payment by check or cash must accompany each order. Checks must be made payable to: Queen’s T.R.I.P. for the full cash value of the scrip order. Since scrip has a cash value, it will not be released to students. Authorized adults may pick up scrip from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. provided school is in session. Scrip may not be returned or exchanged. The T.R.I.P. Office is not liable for lost or missing certificates.